Simple, comfortable and cozy: three words that have described Amil’s Inn from the beginning.
It all began with David’s grandfather, Amil, a man of humble birth constructing a home in 1910 which would provide comfort, contentment, security, and warmth for his wife, Minnie, and 5 children.
David and Anita Reeck are continuing the legacy of Amil’s simple, comfortable and cozy home with the complete renovation of the home. The renovation includes the restoration of the original maple hardwood floors in the parlor and foyer, the original knotty pine flooring in the Family Heritage guest room and original baseboard and window and door trim throughout the parlor, foyer and dining room. Numerous oak doors were restored and used throughout the first floor. Also used throughout the home is ash hardwood flooring and oak baseboard and trim and oak doors.
After you are graciously welcomed to Amil’s Inn, you may sit and relax in the foyer, curl up in the parlor reading one of the many books from the library collection or weather permitting, relax on the front porch and enjoy some of the country living sights and sounds which may include watching an Amish family travel by the Inn in their horse and buggy. Feel free to take a walk of the grounds, enjoying the beautiful organically grown vegetable garden and many flowers.
We are a smoke free Inn – please light up the Inn with your smile! Smoking is allowed outdoors, but we ask that you be respectful of other guests. We also are unable to accommodate pets. Amil’s Inn is mainly focused in providing a simple, comfortable, cozy atmosphere for adults. Special situations, however, allow for children, so please call to make arrangements. For your convenience, if needed, high speed wireless internet is available throughout the Inn and a house phone is available for your use as well.
Other amenities available at the Inn are:
- Central Air Conditioning throughout the Inn
- Heat is individually controlled in each quest room
- Early morning coffee is available
- Organically Grown Vegetable and Flower gardens
- Guest Phone
- Business friendly
- Children welcome/inquiry
- Ceiling fans in all guest rooms
- Hardwood floors throughout the Inn
- Custom tile work in all whirlpool/tubs and shower
- Amazing views–deer, turkey, rock outcroppings
- Cozy warm quilts
- Your sheets are dried on the line in the fresh country air
- Hair dryers in all guest rooms
- Alarm clocks in all guest rooms
- Plush bathrobes
- Internet access/wireless
- Queen size beds in 3 guest rooms, full in the 4th guest room
- Entire Inn, Guest Quarters, and Guest House is Smoke-Free
- Pet Free, all Guest areas
- Refrigerator available for guest use
- Complimentary soda, juice and water
- Afternoon tea and sweets
- Complimentary signature cookies
What Our Guests Have to Say..."Thank you for making me feel very much at home. I enjoyed it so..." Deb from Iowa